Sunday 5 June 2011

What's your experience with messy/bad handwriting in SQA exams?

I just sat my Chemistry General and Credit exam, and to say the least, my presentation was sort of bad for some questions. I changed my mind a lot, scoring things out and adding new things, and to add on top of this I have really bad handwriting. I think they could make it out, but I%26#039;m still worried if they%26#039;ll deduct marks from my papers because of this. What%26#039;s your experience with this sort of thing, and how did it affect you?|||Hi, as long as your writing is readable, the SQA should not deduct marks for untidiness and bad handwriting in a Chemistry exam. It would be different if it was an English exam, but in Chemistry and most other exams you are tested on what you know, not on the way you lay it out. It does help the examiner if you are tidy and lay things out neatly, but as long as you have clearly scored things out and shown what your final answer is, they will take it into account.





Good Luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment