Sunday 5 June 2011

Filing a Complaint with DriveTest Ontario?

Yesterday I took my G2 Driving Test in Ontario for the second time and I believe the examiner purposely failed me. Everything was going fine and I knew I did really well until the end of the exam. When I pulled into the parking lot at the end of the exam there were people standing a bit into the spot that he asked me to pull into. I parked a bit lean in the spot to avoid hitting them. I had assumed the test was over and it wouldn鈥檛 matter. The examiner then asked me if that鈥檚 how I was going to complete the park. I admit I got a bit rude with him and asked him if he wanted me to run them over. He then yelled at me and told me to back up and complete the park. I asked him if this was even a part of the test he then yelled at me again and said he didn%26#039;t say the test was over. I hesitated a bit out of spite and then I completed the park.





I believe he wrongfully failed me for this reason only because instead of giving me my results immediately which is normally what they do he said he had to go inside for something. Even my driving instructor thought it was strange that he would have to go inside for anything. When he came back outside he handed me a new sheet. I know it was a new results sheet because I compared it the results sheet I received from my previous test. The results from the first sheet has my name and address already written in from the computer while the sheet that he gave me has my information written in with his handwriting.





When I went inside and asked for the originally test sheet the guy at the counter said the examiner told him he had incorrectly put my name where my address was and that鈥檚 why he had to change the sheet which I think is complete bull since the information is put in automatically by the computer and why wouldn%26#039;t he has seen this information and changed it before we began the test since my name is clearly written on the top of the sheet.





Also when he came back he didn鈥檛 explain why he was failing me. He just handed me the sheet and walked away. I checked on the DriveTest website and it states that:





At the end of each test, the Examiner will give you a complete report of your skills and explain any mistakes you made. 鈥揥hich he did not do.





I also noticed that under the hill parking he said I turned my wheels incorrectly which I know I did not do because on my first exam I had failed my uphill park and this time I made sure to turn my wheels correctly and complete the park. So I think he purposely changed this part of my results to make it look like I had too many errors.





My question is how does the process for complaining work and will anything result from it? I鈥檝e already phoned their customer service line and left a message. I know they won鈥檛 pass me and I don鈥檛 mind taking the test over but I would at least like to have my money for the test given back to me.|||Appeal it all you want but on the testing form there are testing factors that must be passed and testing factors that should be passed.





By that I mean if you make certain errors it doesn%26#039;t matter unless you do, lets say, 5 or more of them. You can not turn the wheel hand over hand, or not keep your wheels straight while you are waiting to make a turn or other things like that and it won%26#039;t matter unless you make a number of those mistakes during the test.





There are other areas where if you do even one of those things it%26#039;s an automatic failure and what you did was considered an automatic failure.





As to the %26quot;complete explanation%26quot;...it was on the sheet. That outlines it all and there is no need for him to stand there and discuss, debate or explain it further to you. As you said, complain all you want and take the test again but there is no way they are going to return your money. You paid for the test, the examiner and the testing time. Unless you can give them THAT back they are not going to return your money.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, can you give us an update of what happened with your complaint/appeal process? I'm going through a similar process these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is old but I can confirm bad experiences.. I was licensed for 16 years, living downtown toronto I got lazy with subways and didnt renew my license. Had to start over, writing the test took me a few min. doing the g2 test a week later I passed. Then at Toronto Metro East, I get an instructor who was rude, and could barely speak clearly. Somehow during the G road test his window miraculously opened a crack and I could not hear him. I kept asking him to repeat and then commented that his window is open and that is why im having difficulty. He yells at me, and begins to berate me telling me to #(*)#$ close it then. Needless we finish the test, go back. And when he returns had written down that he had to take control of my vehicle. A complete and utter lie, instant fail. I wrote a complaint and spoke to a supervisor and of course, my word against his. I mean clearly I am unfit to have ever driven. I go in a year later to do a test, everything was perfect, I of course did mirrirs, signal blind spots on every thing I did, etc, you know how it goes. I get out, after the test and he failed me by 1 point, reading the report, an accumulation of not checking blind spots, not signalling, not stopping completely for stop sign etc, just utter nonsense. I believe they are corrupt. This was payback for my complaint. TBH, I am bringing and installing a dash cam for my next test. They are crooked and corrupt as anything ever. I am so pissed. I am a 43 year old man not a kid, and I drove a long time never an accident or ticket. And I cannot pass a test? Nonsense, this guy the 2nd time black balled me for his friend I reported. No doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going through the exact same scenario in London, Ontario with DriveTest.

    ReplyDelete