Sunday 5 June 2011

Please read over my very short essay!?

It%26#039;s an application for an internship at a Newspaper company... Can you tell me if it%26#039;s alright?


Suggestions will be good. I only found out about this essay about half an hour ago so it%26#039;s kind of messy...





Even from the age of six, I have always had a passion for writing. I used to make up stories and write them down carefully on folded A4 pages, making sure that none of my wobbly handwriting was out of line. As I grew older, I found more and even more things to write about such as leaflets for History class and news articles for English. I%26#039;ve always enjoyed writing news articles in particular. To the mild disgust of my friends, I%26#039;ve always found the news article assignments fun and enjoyable. I鈥檒l never forget the time when I was thirteen and first learned how to write and format a proper essay.





I have found a fascination in the way different people write in different styles of writing, and form words together in their own unique way. There鈥檚 nothing more satisfying than when I read a sentence that seems to flow smoothly with no awkwardness in words. But nothing compares to my fascination with the way words can influence people. They can be informative and they can sway you completely. The way fashion magazines might persuade you to buy those new must-have Jimmy Choo pumps. The way the opinions section of a newspaper may completely change your stance on a subject. All these things have caused me to become particularly interested in Journalism and Mass Media.


鈥楾he nib of a pen is a sharp as a stone鈥? This is a quote that I have become familiar with since I was in Primary School. Even then, I could completely understand what it meant. In this century that we are living in, we are surrounded by media. If the Prime Minister sneezes in Downing Street, we鈥檒l hear it all the way here in France. If a popstar makes a racist remark about France, our netizens will be expressing their rage by posting ferocious comments, probably within that very hour. Mass Media has become the ultimate power of the world, certainly sharper than a sword. And all this is what I wish to pursue in life. Whether I work as a reporter, a staff of an advertising agency, or a public relations officer, I know I want to write to inform and to influence others.|||A few adjustments, see what you think.





I found more and more


write in different styles, and form words together in their own unique way


In this century, we are surrounded by media


our netizens will (citizens?)





certainly mightier than the sword.


And all this is what I wish to pursue in life (start sentence with And??)





Mass Media has become the ultimate power of the world, certainly mightier than the sword; this is what I wish to pursue in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment